17 Facts about God’s nature I’ve personally experienced
1. God is love
God’s love is so far and wide and deep and strong you cant wrap your head around it. Regardless of who you are or what you have done or how much you think you don’t deserve His love, God never stops loving you.
Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,” says the Lord, who has compassion on you. – Isaiah 54 : 10
See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!– 1 John 3:1
2. God keeps His word
- God is exactly who and what His word says He is. His word is the Bible.
- Knowing Him becomes easy because to know Him you only have to read His word.
Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
– Matthew 24:35
3. God’s promises can be trusted
Like just blindly be trusted, that amazing! But no second thoughts or guesses or what if’s please!
Not one of all the Lord’s good promises to Israel failed; every one was fulfilled. – Joshua 21:45
4. God’s character can never be limited to your understanding
- You can never and should never expect God’s character to be like how you think He should behave or judging Him based on situational analysis (situation of your life or someone else’s).
- Whatever He does is nothing less of glorious. He doesn’t need your approval or judgement for it.
- Gods nature cannot be and should not be limited to human or earthly judgement or understanding.
Now to Him who is able to do infinitely more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen – Ephesians 3 : 20
5. With God there are no limits
- NONE! No matter what your colleague or friend or neighbor or family member says, remember the God of limitless possibilities is the one on your side, who is guiding you so you can move with confidence.
- Just trust in Him completely, with whatever that “weird” ,”crazy”, “humanly impossible” task you desire.
The sky is no limit for God, but it lies beyond your reach. God knows the world of the dead, but you do not know it. God’s greatness is broader than the earth, wider than the sea. – Job 11: 8 – 9
God’s power is unlimited. He needs no teachers to guide or correct him – Job 36: 22-23
6. Nothing is impossible for the Lord
Yeah you heard that right, NOTHING AT ALL! What is that you want? Ask him, just ask. No, really!
Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” – Matthew 19:26
Great is our Lord and mighty in power;his understanding has no limit. – Psalm 147 : 5
7. God wants to fulfill your dreams, goals and ambitions
- That’s right! You thought your dreams are only important to you? You are important to Him so He accepts your whole package.
- He made you. He himself decided your purpose. He made desires in our hearts just like how he created you limb to limb. So He knows you. He knows what you want before you ask.
……your Father knows what you need before you ask Him – Matthew 6 : 8
- He cares about you way more than you know. But He doesn’t want you struggling by doing it yourself. It can create worry or distress or pride and all those negative emotions He doesn’t intend you to have.
- So, He wants to be involved. He wants to do it for you. Your desires are in you so He can do it for you, so you give Him the glory and praise He deserves and encourage others to do the same.
…for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose. – Philippians 2:13
8. Nothing you do for the Lord ever goes in vain
- God is never indebted to anyone for anything.
- He will give you ton folds of whatever you give to Him or do for Him.
- If you have invested anything in God, be it time, effort, money, tears or anything, He will repay you back in surplus amount of rewards. That’s just how He rolls.
Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap – Luke 6:38
9. God always does beyond what you can think or imagine or perceive.
- You cant calculate His moves or ways or thoughts. If you do, He takes care to do more bigger and mightier than that.
- His plans for you will always be much huger than your wildest biggest craziest dreams you have for yourself.
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. – Isaiah 55: 8 – 9
10. God can completely satisfy you
Regardless of the situation you are in, however terrible or disheartening it may be, He can completely satisfy you and provide you peace and joy if you turn your focus to Him by trusting Him and seeking His help in all that you do.
You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. – Isaiah 26:3
11. God is with you here and now
No matter how much you push Him away or think He is not with you or even deny His existence He is right with you here and now and always will be you ever present help.
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. – Psalms 46:1
12. God always forgives
- No matter how big your sins are, He has promised forgiveness (thanks to Christ’s sacrifice).
- His forgiveness is bigger than your biggest sins but you cant escape the consequences that your sin brings you, but even then, you can be sure He will take you through if you trust and rely on Him.
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness – 1 John 1:9
13. God never gives upon you.
- Never never EVERRRR gives up on you.
- His hope for you is bigger than your biggest neglect or mistake in life or how much ever hopeless or downtrodden you feel.
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. – Romans 15: 13
- Today, you may be at rock bottom with no light at the end of the tunnel but He sees your future at sky high, because He himself is going to take you there, just hold on , just keep trusting in Him. Just keep calling out to Him. He will break through for you. IM CERTAIN!
And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. – 1Peter 5:10
14. When you place your confidence in God, He takes it way too seriously.
- He will never ever let you down. Life may. People may. Circumstances may. situations may. not Him. Even you may yourself let you down, but not Him.
Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh. Is anything too difficult for Me – Jeremiah 32:27
- It is completely against His nature to not provide for His most loved creation, mankind.
- He has been gladly doing it from the beginning without even being asked and when you place your confidence in Him to provide for you He will go to unimaginable lengths to ensure that your cup overflows.
But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is Him. He will be like a tree planted by the waters that sends out its roots toward the stream. It does not fear when the heat comes, and its leaves are always green. It will not worry in a year of drought or cease producing fruit. – Jeremiah 17 : 7 – 8
Speaking of God’s provision see my next point.
15. God’s provision is never measurable.
When He provides He gives in surplus amounts. You can be certain it will be much more than what you think you can attain by yourself. Just rely on Him.
And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. – 2Corinthians 9:8
That brings me to my next point.
16. When you wait on the Lord, you can be sure you will never regret it
- He will make your wait worth much more than your valuable time spend in the waiting.
Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for him.- Isaiah 64 : 4
God’s provision is always abundant, always overflowing, always plentiful. When He gives He provides tremendously without measure, as I said before, but you need to be ready to wait for His time. But do not worry, the wait is always worth it. ALWAYS!
But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint. – Isaiah 40 : 31
- Job waited for his deliverance. David waited for his, Abraham waited for his provision, Joseph waited for his , Jacob waited for his. And none of them were disappointed when God finally did breakthrough for them. You wait on Him for yours but remember, please don’t give up! ever! please, okay? Keep trusting in Him, no matter what.
When God made his promise to Abraham, since there was no one greater for him to swear by, he swore by himself, saying, “I will surely bless you and give you many descendants.” And so after waiting patiently, Abraham received what was promised. – Hebrew 6 : 13 – 15
17. You are very valuable to God
- ..and very dear to Him however worthless or insecure you feel or others make you feel.
- You are so close to His heart even though you can’t even imagine that you are capable or worthy even of His attention.
- He says you are His “own“. He considers you “treasured“. He calls you by a nick name lovingly, if you listen really carefully, you can hear Him call you “my treasured possession“.
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession – 1 Peter 2:9
And today the LORD has proclaimed you to be His people, a treasured possession as He promised,….and that He will set you high in praise and name and honor above all the nations He has made, and that you will be a holy people to the LORD your God as He promised – Deuteronomy 26 : 18, 19